Sunday, June 28, 2009

Couscous Calls Me By My Name

After running my final "errands", I came home and made some dinner (dammit!). Tonight menu consisted of: grilled chicken (from last night's cookout), Morgan's couscous, watermelon/feta/radish salad (courtesy of Women's Health Magazine), blanched green beans and some "Hi" Cabernet. This meal, or type, is my most favorite ever (besides sushi, pizza, southern fried chicken...) Yes, I tried to rotate the picture, it was a no-go. Deal.




Morgan's couscous

  • 1 1/4 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil or Earth Balance butter
  • 1 cup couscous
  • 2-3 handfuls of spinach
  • 2/3ish cup chickpeas
  • 1/2 sweet onion, diced
  • 1 small clove garlic, diced
  • 3-4 asparagus spears, shaved with vegetable peeler
  • 1/4 jalapeno, diced
  • salt, pepper, cayenne to tasteand drizzles olive oil on top, of course
Heat veggies in a little bit of olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or so. (until spinach has almost wilted) Heat broth and teaspoon of olive oil in a sauce pan. When it comes to a boil, add the couscous, stir with a wooden spoon, cover and remove from heat. Add veggies, spices, stir.

ENJOY!!!

Dessert is vanilla bean coconut milk ice cream with fresh strawberries and maybe I will whip up some chocolate sauce!

Up next, weekend training... of course I semi disappoint myself, you'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment