Monday, June 29, 2009

Great Bodies Think Alike

Wouldn't it be nice if I could say "body, look like [insert awesome body's name here]". Ahhh, to dream.


Now on to food:
For breakfast I made myself what I anticipated to be the best green monster ever. I used:
1 cup So Delicious coconut milk
a scoop of white chocolate peanut butter
a large handful of spinach
1 frozen banana ( I freeze my bananas in discs-it's easier on the blades of the blender)
1 packet of Amazing Meal (because the tub I ordered STILL has NOT arrived)
Squirt of Agave Nectar
It was ok. I don't think I used enough coconut milk, for starters, and "live-in" didn't have time to share with me this morning-he was in a hurry to get to work. I drank the whole thing, which is about 400 calories, and I threw in a toasted Ezekiel English muffin with raspberry preserves and I didn't get hungry until about 1:30pm! WOW!
Tomorrow I will make sure to add more coconut milk and make live in share with me.


For lunch I had leftovers from dinner yesterday: grilled chicken, Morgan's couscous, green beans.


My snack today was not a good choice. A co-worker who has an office across from my cube, pops himself some popcorn every single afternoon. The scent of butter wafts through my cube and tickles my taste buds. Rude. So I brought a few bags for my very own self. I popped a bag and shared with a few people. Yum yum! But not 10 minutes later, I came down with a terrible, horrible, mean headache. I can only guess it was a carb overload headache. Yes, I get these.
When I taught taekwondo and I spent 3+ hours working out everyday, I could eat 95% of a whole pizza-a thin crust pizza. But I always got a terrible headache afterwards-I decided when I had too many carbs in one meal, I get headaches. I always learn my lesson 10 minutes too late.


After work I always head to the gym for some type of workout. Today was strength training: arms, core, legs. Then I came home for interval running with my 4 legged baby. She was NOT a good runner today. Every dog we passed-she lunged for them. (She is not friendly towards other dogs). I notice this when we first start running, she expends all her energy on lunges, then she gets tired. But I make her soldier on and learn to budget her energy a little better. The longer we go, the less she lunges.
So, today, we ran intervals, for 1-3 minutes of fast paced running (8:00 minute miles) to slower jogging (10:00 minute miles). I hold a pace until I cannot run any longer at that speed, then I continue for a little longer. Total time was 30 minutes of interval running.


At the gym I did:
15 minutes on the elliptical for a warm-up
3 sets of 15 seated row with 25 pounds
(I'm not good with names of moves)
3 set of 13 punches? with 17 pounds of weight (on the pulley machine)
2 sets of 15 um, moves where I pull the pulley toward my side while I stand with my feet hip width apart
2 sets of 1 minute plank
1 set of :30 side plank
60 twist situps with a medicine ball
10 v-ups
walking lunges with 15 pound weight in each hand
20 tricep dips
10 tricep extensions on each arm


I'm still not exhausted, which I think I should be after I workout. It's my mentality from when I was a teen and would workout out like a superhero, I guess.

Dinner!!!!!

The live in was out with work people for dinner, so I didn't have to cook! Yipee!!

Tonight's dinner consisted of an open face FBLTOC or fakin' bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese all on:

1 slice Ezekiel Bran bread, with 1/2 tablespoon veganiese
1 slice Swiss cheese
Toast the above items while you crisp your tempeh bacon and slice your tomato and onion
In less than 5 minutes, you have a totally awesome sandwich!
I also cooked 1 cup edamame for a yummy side protein.


Yes, we eat from an ottoman. It sucks. It's inhumane. I hate it. However, thanks to live-in's momma, we will no longer be eating from this ottoman (and that day could not come soon enough!). We will be enjoying all of our meals from a lovely counter height table and chairs set from Macy's! Thanks!!!


Ok, I'm off to play with the baby and get ready for yet another work day. (And eat some coconut milk ice cream!)

Have a good night, but before I go, I pose one question: If your body could think like someone elses body, who would it be? I think mine would be a cross between Kara Goucher, Kate Hudson, and Jessica Biel. Or all 3! Healthy, muscular, lean, SEXY!

Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment