Sunday, June 28, 2009

Training. ugh.

Not as in, I hate training, but as in I disappointed myself. How, you ask? Well, I'm super competitive, and I'm even more competitive against myself. I'm a "self shit talker". In the same breath, I am a total night person and terrible at waking up early. ALL of my roommates can attest to this. (Oddly, I'm a total morning workout person.)

So, I woke up late on Saturday, which is my long run training day. I planned 2 hours of running at a 9:30 minute mile pace, but I only got through 1 hour and 20ish minutes. And the last 20 minutes I brought my running buddy with 4 legs, Joey, and she slows me down a little. I can't NOT take her with me, at least on a leg, because she LOVES running, loves it. She gives the best sad faces when I leave without her.

And today, Sunday, I had planned to run an extra hour, but I didn't have time. Boo me.



Well, off to a new week, with plenty of strength training, speed work, a middle distance run and a long weekend run and, of course, GYMNASTICS!!!



Did you see that my and Anna's running hero, Kara Goucher, won the 5,000 Meters at the USA Outdoor Championship?


Go Kara go!

No comments:

Post a Comment