Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend of Glutton-Part One

I love a weekend of good food!

The weekend started out with a trip to The Mermaid Inn for a fantastic seafood dinner.  We started out with Shrimp Cocktail and ordered a bottle of Verdejo (a Spanish white wine) Paso y Paso- a first for me to have more than a sip of white wine.



For dinner, I ordered Spaghetti and a Salad-different, but fantastic.  The dish was spaghetti, olive oil, steamed clams and littleneckes (a first) with arugula and shaved parmesan on top!  The taste and texture was out of this world-I think I have a new favorite dish idea!
  
There really wasn't enough protein for me, but I went with it.  A first for me to let loose with my food!
Side of sauteed spinach-


Live in ordered the Lobster Roll-

Nom Nom Nom



Desert was a chocolate pudding and a Fortune Fish!


The air was too stagnant outside for our fortune fish, so I saved him for another day!

Too be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment