Monday, July 6, 2009

American Meals

What can one eat for America's B-day? Duh-burgers, mac and cheese, baked beans, and corn on the cob!



For the 4th, Live in and I stayed at home for a nice evening of grilling Turkey Burgers with smoked Gouda, with some sides of Annie's Mac and Cheese, Vegetarian Baked Beans, and grilled corn on the cob! I think we win the best American Award! Hahaha. Yes, everything is a contest with me.
Everything we ate is pretty straightforward, the burgers were a recipe live- in found online; the recipe includes mayo and breadcrumbs. My only suggestion is to ALWAYS purchase 20% fat when making any type of burger. This holds in flavor without making the burger dry.





Baked beans (adapted from Paula Deen's recipe)



  • can of Bush's Vegetarian

  • 1/2 a sweet onion

  • 1/2 red apple (diced)

  • top with 5 slices of turkey bacon
fold in apple and onion, top with TB, cover with foil. Heat at 300 for 30 minutes, uncover and continue baking for 10 more.


Obviously the Mac and Cheese came from a box (which I recycled) and the corn (grown in America) is pretty straightforward. Grill it.





I had some tasty glasses of wine, from Napa (again, American) before jetting off to see the Macy's fireworks!

(If you look closely, you can see the interstate is packed like sardines with spectators!)





Sunday was a beach day!
A nice relaxing day at the beach, playing in the cold water. Note to self, when adults try to build sandcastles by themselves, it apparently looks odd-or something. Unless you have sandcastle building gadgets.
And I can neither deny nor confirm that I ate about 1/2 a bag of nacho cheese Combos.

For dinner live-in and I went to scarf down some sushi before checking out Away We Go and super cute and funny indie movie. I recommend, if you like indie movies. John Krasinski is just the cutest I want to eat his face off! And Maya Rudolph is amazing-she is a fantastic actress!



My tummy is growling-I need some LUNCH!

Even though I started today off with a Green Monster and a snack of a Laughing Cow Light Swiss Wedge with 3 Kashi Crackers-I'm starving!!!!!!!

Everyone have a wonderful Monday! It's already almost Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend!! Happy late 4th to you and Brian! I'm going to have to try a green monster smoothie this weekend. Can't wait to see you... only three days! :)

    ReplyDelete