Monday, July 20, 2009

Finally, back home



This past weekend I was in Memphis for one of my very best girlfriends (and my "oldest" friend) Carol-it was her wedding shower. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

I made it home around 6:30 and Live-In had plans to grill me dinner! Woot!

He grilled up eggplant and asparagus and Italian chicken. The chicken had been marinating in Newman's Own Italian Dressing for about 4 hours-the chicken was so dang tasty and juicy!!!

The eggplant was topped with goat cheese and basil (from our garden!!) and the asparagus was topped with some Parmesan cheese!

Dessert was a cannoli and a tiny cup of tiramisu from Whole Foods!

I had a glass or 2 of wine- Adobe Red: a blend (and maybe 2 glasses more on the plane!)


I need to add that I found a FANTASTIC Zinfandel in Memphis-Fritz Zinfandel. OMG. Light, fruity, no bitter aftertaste. Perfection. Plus, it's not very expensive-$22. Not bad for a 2005 vintage. Go. Get. It. Now.

For lunch today, I need to add that my dinner became a salad: spinach, grilled chicken, asparagus, eggplant. I cannot count how many compliments I got on the salad just on looks alone. Plus, any salad that does not need dressing, is the best salad in the world, to me!

Happy Monday everyone-it's almost Tuesday!
Two photos from the plane:
Lower Manhattan:

Central Park and My Hood


No comments:

Post a Comment