Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Heaven on Earth?

How have I never been to Chipotle? How?


Of course I was indecisive about what I wanted for lunch, per usual, so I ventured out of the cube and down to the street. I started walking towards Cosi, when I noticed Chipotle across the street. I thought, I've never been there, why don't I check it out?! I got in line and immediately decided upon the vegetarian something-either the burrito or burrito bowl. I didn't really want to 'up' my white flour intake for the week, so I settled with a Burrito Bowl. And dear Lord, I could not have made a better decision. There is nothing you can't LOVE: black beans, gooood; sauteed peppers and onions, gooood; lettuce and salsa, gooood; hot sauce, goood; guacamole, goooooooooooooood!



I was telling my friend Jamie that I went to Chipotle and her first statement was "They don't have anything healthy, go look at their website". Oh Contraire, young grasshopper, but this is indeed very healthy!
I headed to http://www.chipotle.com/ and I found their philosophy:





"The hallmarks of Food With Integrity include things like unprocessed, seasonal, family-farmed, sustainable, nutritious, naturally raised, added hormone free, organic, and artisanal. And, since embracing this philosophy, it's had tremendous impact on how we run our restaurants and our business."




Saaaay whhhaaat??!!! This should be EVERYONE'S philosophy!
Chipotle is pure magic and I'm hopping on!
I probably could have settled for only eating half; such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment