Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Holy Antioxidants Batman!

Check out my antioxidant rich dinner last night:

Baked Sweet Potato, topped with 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt and a pinch of Kosher salt; Amy's Cream of Tomato Soup (1 1/4 cup) with 1 tablespoons of super sharp Vermont Cheddar Cheese and of course, freshly ground black pepper. DELISH!

Monday: I did a hardcore workout, and it brought back memories from my taekwondo days when ALL of my workouts wiped me out!! It felt MARVELOUS!!

I started out with a 30 minute treadmill run at a 9:00 pace, then for 5 minutes I ran at an 8.0 incline for 5 minutes-'twas a slow run, but it was a hill for crying out loud!

Then I hopped over to the stair stepper machine where I did 5 minutes at a level 9. I'm not sure what that means, but I think I climbed 25 flights of stairs.

Next I worked on my arms and legs:

  • Pulley cable rows (3 x 12)
  • Tricep dips (3 x 10)
  • Overhead Shoulder press (3 x 10)
  • Squat Press at 140 pounds (2 x 20)

THEN (as if that wasn't enough) I took the Cardio Sculpt Class at my Gym. WHOA!!!! Totally awesome class!!! First, the instructor was PUMPED to be there and his energy level was high-I like that. It translates well into a class. He wouldn't let anyone slow down either! The class is a wonderful mix of cardio, with light weight training for the ultimate fat burn! If there's an Equinox near you, I suggest you try the class!! I'm quite certain I saw sparkles, but it felt so good.

Coming out of the subway, I nearly fainted, so I grabbed a banana at the corner deli before hopping on the bus to head home. Thank God for NYC and it's endless supply of corner delis!

Happy sweating to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment