I hit up live-in's 2 way and asked him what he was craving. And the typical boy/bachelor in him said "pizza". Ding! Tortilla pizzas!
Since we were out of tortillas, mozzarella, sauce and other various toppings, I journeyed to the local store and picked up 12" unbleached flour tortillas, Classico's Spicy Tomato and Basil Red Sauce, and some mozzarella.
When I got back to the hizzy, I stuck the pizza stone in the oven and cranked it up to 450 degrees and let the stone heat up (40 minutes) while I chopped up some toppings and whipped together a salad.
Yes, this is the same recipe as a few weeks ago, but since not everything was homemade, adjustments need to be made.
- 3-4 spoonfuls of the sauce (which needs to be heated lightly-5 minutes medium heat prior to putting it on the tortilla)
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese-I cut mine into thin strips
- Chopped Fresh Basil (from my garden)
- Lay all the toppings on and bake for 7-11 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
- 1 slice Turkey Salami, diced
- 1 Slice Turkey Ham, diced
- Red Onion, diced
- Green Pepper, Diced
- Green Olives, Diced
Again, sauce, toppings, cheese, basil. You get the gist. Bake 7-11 minutes maybe a tad longer, until the cheese is bubbly and you start drooling on the stove top.
Normally, throughout the week, I tend to repeat meals because 1. I can perfect them and 2. it's easy that way. I will try not to most multiple food items, only if I have made adjustments.
Of course, how do you not have pizza without a glass of red wine and a salad?
I think this recipe will become a staple in my weekly menu!