Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hello Caffeine

Starbucks, the place I love to hate and hate to love. Overpriced coffee sucks, but awesome coffee rocks. What a dichotomy! Recently, I have learned to love Iced Coffee. There's nothing better than guzzling a cold freshly brewed coffee on a hot summer morning!

Here is what I order to stay low-cal:
  • black grande iced coffee-zero calories
  • shot of sugar free vanilla syrup-zero calories
  • (leave room for milk)
  • I add my own Silk French Vanilla Creamer-about 1/4 cup, a little more if I'm feeling vanilla-y.
I think Silk has about 30 calories for a tablespoon, so I use about 75 calories. Maybe more, maybe less!!
Oh yeah, this drink is only $1.95 (before tax)!!

Y'all Stay caffeinated now, ya hear!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm. I totally agree about Starbucks. i lovehate it. I am currently enjoying a Skinny Vanilla Latte, but I am mad at it at the same time. I definately feel like Sbucks lies to me about what they put in their drinks, why else would my fave drink have the kcal count it has?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they overestimate. At least when you don't get any of their milk in your drink, I think you can control the calories better.

    ReplyDelete