Thursday, July 16, 2009

When will the craziness end????

Hey there bloggies!
Well if you thought I was having a crazy few days before ( with the mom in the ER, etc) get ready, because it got crazier around here. For starters, we have had a houseguest. Meet my baby, Khaki!
When I said the big "I do's" and moved in with the hub, Khaki stayed with my parents. It was for the best, because there is often nobody at our house for 12 hours a day, but I will tell you that the hardest part of adjusting to married life for me was not having my little snuggle buddy in my bed everynight! Is that a little pathetic? I miss her terribly and occasionally kidnap her to come stay with me for a while.
After my first long run for this marathon training plan, these things have been kind of useless this week.
My legs look deceivingly long in this picture.
So, house guest, check, dead legs, check, what am I forgetting in my crazy week?..... Oh yes. so the Hubby got rear ended by an ambulance. He was stopped at a red light, minding his own business, when a freaking 6 ton ambulance hit him from behind going 25- 30 mph. The ambulance wasn't transporting a patient, so their lights weren't on, they were just driving....and didn't stop until after they hit my hubby! Everything is fine, but we had yet another night in the ER. I'm getting sick of that place! Luckily the bonk on the head didn't result in any serious damage, just a bit of whiplash. Nothing some potent anti-inflammatories and a muscle relaxer here and there can't fix.
One thing I have learned this week is to be very thankful. While I have had to be in the ER 2 times less than a week apart, both events turned out to be relatively minor. Another thing I learned is that it is so super important to take care of your body, especially in times of stress! Healthy foods and exercise can really be a pick me up, and nurture your body when it needs it the most. While both mom and hubby are fine, I can really tell the difference in my body over the last 7 days. It just doesn't run as well when dealing with even this amount of worry and stress. I attribute this stress to the reason my legs have not quite recovered the way I normally like, so I decided to up my healthy fats and protein intake this week.
My new favorite meal is a healthy version of eggs benedict!

This is an ezekial english muffin, with Canadian bacon ( VERY lean, 60 kcals for 3 slices), poached eggs, and a sprinkle of feta on top! Of course about 2 tablespoons of homeade guac on the side. i find everything is better when you smear a little guac on it. This combo was so yummy, and eggs were cooked so perfectly I didn't even notice the lack of hollandaise.
Yummy peach on the side.
Dinners this week have been a hodge-podge of leftovers. This is a huge salad with one of everything I could find in my fridge in it. So tasty. i love adding beans to salads, they just bump the quality up a notch.
And I have been finishing off my Amy's split pea soup. I don't know why I have been craving soup this week. Maybe it's comfort eating.

Kind of looks like baby food, huh?
So in light of all the ups and downs of my week, what are some ways all of you deal with stress? Do you turn to comfort foods? Exercise more? Or maybe you have a hard time keeping balance in times of stress? I know sometimes I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment