Thursday, July 2, 2009

Long Weekend Ahead!

I'm so thrilled we have a long weekend ahead of us! Since I am still "new" in my job, I'm not "supposed" to take a vacation day until September. Boooooo! So I relish in each holiday given to me!
Plans for the weekend:
  • Beach (Long Beach) I love the beach. If I could love on the beach and never leave, I would. Not really a Florida beach because I appreciate the seasons, but Northern California or my backyard, Long Island. There is something so freeing, invigorating, when I'm in the water at the beach riding the waves in, building sandcastles, or digging to China. I just hope we don't have a repeat of last weekend and almost get struck by lightening.

  • Rooftop Party for Macy's 4th of July Firework Extravaganza: I'm hoping to enjoy the fireworks from a rooftop. From what I understand, the fireworks are pretty awesome and you can't get any better than seeing them from an unobstructed view.

  • Party at my new friends' new apartment on the East Side-whether it be board games, drinking games, or reindeer games, I'm in.

  • Yard Work, yard work, yardwork I have a 12ft by 3 ft "area" where I need some plants. Anyone have a green thumb? This weekend, I plan on purchasing a hydragena bush to plant and I would also like to pot some herbs and I NEED CITRONELLA PLANTS!!!!!

I can attest that when a holiday rolls around, the not eating "junk" food is pretty hard. It's hard to resist chips and dip when you are starving, so I attempt to eat a small snack before I go, so I am not starving (usually doesn't work) or I try and limit myself to a small handful of chips. I'm just thankful cheese dip isn't prevalent in the northeast, no there's no Pancho's Cheese Dip and yes, the Yanks don't know what Rotel is.

I am working on posting a few "healthy" options for appetizers/snack foods. Does anyone have any healthy recipes they'd like to share. I know Anna makes a MEAN BEAN dip. And let's dip into our creativity, and limit our dips...fruit kebobs anyone? Cheese plate?

What are your plans for the weekend?

Have a safe and happy 4th! Please don't drink and drive...

No comments:

Post a Comment