Thursday, July 23, 2009

Woah Nelly!

SOMEONE is behind on her blogging.....er....me. Sorry about that, I am recovering from the craziness of last week still I guess.
My mom had her esophageal dilation today and is good as new, thanks for asking. :)

So I guess I will start this week-re cap with Morgan's visit last weekend! We, your friendly bloggers, had a 10 mile adventure run. It. Was. Awesome. Duh.

The weather here in Memphis was absolutely beautiful! I have been whining and bellyaching ( literally) about the oppressive heat we have had this summer, and last weekend was absolutely gorgeous. Not a cloud in the sky, and I believe it was about 68˙ when we started running.
What's an adventure run? I'm glad you asked. An adventure run is when you slather on the sunscreen, and lace up your fave shoes, stick a 5er in your pocket and head out the door with no plan or schedule. This particular adventure run began with hopping a fence to get out of the gated community! The 2 of us weren't heavy enough to equal a car's weight on the sensor ( thank goodness).
We ran an we ran, and we ran, and we chatted, and laughed and let our imaginations run wild ( hands down the best part of an adventure run, btw)and we ran and we ran right into Fleet Feet, my fave Memphis running specialty store. We touched things, and I put a thing or 2 on hold to go back for later, and then we ran some more. On the run we fueled with Gatorade Fierce grape, which is super yummy. I love grape artificial flavor. I know I know, it's all sugar and artificial, but those sports drinks are necessary to keep my electrolytes in check, y'all!
Post-run we refueled with a dope GREEN MONSTER, and a glass of coconut milk.

Nothing like a GM in a Coors Light glass! haha!
Then lunch was a mishmash of yummy veggie goods.

It was the perfect run!
Later in the week, I finally made Hubby banana- creme. I call it that because its not ice cream, but it is "creamy" so i figure the European spelling works in this case.
He LOVED it! he could not get over the fact that it was completely non-dairy, and no sugar added!!! He is currently eating a dairy free diet for professional reasons, and he is a milk lover, so I am excited to get creative! I see lots of almond and coconut milk in our future. :) Fine by me.
Today was a stressful day with my mom's procedure ( evidently they gave her that Michael Jackson drug, and she said she would be disappointed if she couldn't moon walk when she came out!) I was glad to teach a killer spin class tonight! My legs were burning and i was a sweaty sweaty mess by the end. Prior to spin, I did a little hamstring resistance training. I did :
  • 3x 16 walking lunges with 20 lb dumbbells
  • 3x 12 deadlifts with the 45 lb power bar
  • 3 x 12 leg curls on the machine, at 60 lbs.
Yowza. My hammies are tight tonight! I think I'm going to try a yoga class tomorrow to stretch them out. I normally HATE yoga. HATE. But I am trying to like it because I need the flexibility work. Ill have a full report for you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. It sure was an awesome adventure run! Plus we got to lay out afterwards, double plus.

    I'm gonna need to make my 20 miler next week an adventure somehow....

    Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete